Flying Your Location
Place aircraft in an upright position near collection area. This will be the launch/land location and should have a minimum of 15 feet clearance around aircraft with a suggested safety buffer of 50 feet in every direction. This area must remain clear the entire duration of flight. The aircraft will launch vertically from this location to an elevation of 100 feet before switching to forward flight mode.
- Open the Quantix™ application, login, and tap “Fly Area” for the desired collection area to start preflight check.
- The Quantix™ application will guide you through a preflight check and launch procedure, including a final confirmation swipe commanding the aircraft to launch.
During Airspeed Sensor Check — Ensure thumb completely covers and seals sensor port on nose of aircraft.
Your Quantix™ will update you on the status of the wind speed and the link from its current location and altitude.
Wind Speed Stop Light Indicators
- Green = less than 15 mph
- Yellow = 15-25 mph for 10 seconds
- Red = greater than 25 mph for 10 seconds
Link Stop Light Indicators
- Red = 80 db for 30 seconds AND range greater than 1250 meters
- Yellow = 80 db for 15 seconds OR range greater than 2000 meters
- Green = anything other than the above db and range specifications
Override Your Flight
Should it be necessary, there are three ways to override your flight:
- Emergency Stop
- Land Now
- Return and Land