Planning Your Quantix™ Flight
Perform initial setup of the tablet and aircraft.
Your tablet will require a short setup before using it for the first time. A ©Google account is required to access the Google Play store, which is used for updating the Quantix™ application. Visit www.google.com to create an account.
Follow these Setup Steps
- Power on the tablet and select your language.
- Select a WiFi network and enter the WiFi password. The tablet will check for software updates and will update if necessary.
- Once the tablet is updated, enter your Google e-mail address and password.
- Agree to the Google terms and conditions.
- Enter your name into your tablet.
- Check desired list items for Google service.
- Agree to the NVIDIA license agreement.
- Your tablet is now set up and ready to use. Be sure to fully charge your tablet before the first use with the Quantix™ application. See Charging the Tablet Battery and Charging Tablet Accessories for full details.
- Launch the Quantix™ application and sign in using your AV DSS™ credentials.
Quantix tablet includes a full-fledged Android™ tablet that has been optimized for graphics. As a result, you may get alerts for graphics and game-related content. This is normal behavior from the tablet manufacturer. Although you are free to install other applications, it is recommended that you do not run memory or storage-intensive applications. This can adversely affect the Quantix™ system operation.
Using the Quantix™ tablet and application, create a collection area of up to 400 acres. The tablet must be on a wireless network and logged on to your account to download map data.
Quickly locate a desired collection area with a city/state or zip code.
The collection area can include multiple AV DSS™ locations.
The Quantix Mission Planner has been tested on a variety of shapes and there are an infinite number of different field shapes that you as the user might select.
In general, your collection area should be:
- A closed polygon with no "holes"
- Fewer than 100 points or corners.
- As simple as possible to perform.
The examples below will help you select a reliable shape for the Quantix Mission Planner.
Your Quantix™ aircraft has been designed to minimize the setup process.
Follow these Setup Steps:
- Unpack and inspect your Quantix™ aircraft.
- Plug the charger into the battery. Once battery is fully charged, disconnect from charger. See Quantix Maintenance for charging details.
- Install a fully charged battery in the aircraft and power it on by pressing and holding the power button until the main light bar on the top of the aircraft illuminates.
- Launch the Quantix™ application. See Updating Aircraft and Tablet Software for more information regarding software updates. If an update is required, you will be prompted to visit the Google Play store to download the latest software version.
Power down the aircraft by pressing the power button on the battery for three seconds. All lights on the main light bar will turn off.
In general you want to choose a location that is:
- Flat and even ground
- Clear of all obstacles within a 50 ft. radius
Choose the Best Launch Location
A Return Home Path Could:
- Fly over adjacent areas
- Fly into an unsafe area
- Fly into an undesirable zone
This launch location results in long Return Home paths outside the area.
Any Return Home Path Would:
- Fly over intended areas
- Fly in a safe area
- Not fly in an ideal path
This launch location at least keeps return paths over more of the area.
Centrally-Located All Return Home Paths:
- Have best line-of-sight
- Fly directly over intended areas
- Fly in a safe area
This ideal launch location is also centrally located to minimize the time to execute a Return Home.
Use Your Best Judgment — Select the best possible launch location based on obstacles, neighboring fields, and prevailing winds.
Install the SD Card by inserting into the aircraft SD slot.